A boat dock is a wood and/or concrete platform that gives a person access to their boat. The boat dock may or may not have a boat lift attached. A boat lift resembles a forklift that picks the boat up out of the water. The lift usually comes in sizes that denote the maximum number of pounds that can be lifted. Most boat lifts are rated for 5,000, 7,000 or 10,0000 pounds of lifting capacity. Many homes may include a boat lift behind the house to lift a boat out of the canal. Keeping your boat stored on a boat lift will help keep the bottom clear of barnacles and other marine organisms. This boat lift has also has a boat canopy to keep the sun off the boat while being stored.
- Lee County Water Initiative
- 16 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Lender
- 8 Dos and Don’ts of Owning a Vacation Rental
- For Sale by Owner (FSBO) Free eBook
- Your Questions Answered: Our Best Tips For a Successful Home Offer
- Your Questions Answered: Our Best Tips for Working With Agents and Lenders
- A Kitchen Remodel Worksheet to Help You Cut Costs
- Documents You Need for Mortgage Pre-Approval: A Checklist for Each Type of Loan
- 8 Eye-Opening Things Home Inspectors Can’t Tell You
- Are Closing Costs Tax Deductible?