A boat dock is a wood and/or concrete platform that gives a person access to their boat. The boat dock may or may not have a boat lift attached. A boat lift resembles a forklift that picks the boat up out of the water. The lift usually comes in sizes that denote the maximum number of pounds that can be lifted. Most boat lifts are rated for 5,000, 7,000 or 10,0000 pounds of lifting capacity. Many homes may include a boat lift behind the house to lift a boat out of the canal. Keeping your boat stored on a boat lift will help keep the bottom clear of barnacles and other marine organisms. This boat lift has also has a boat canopy to keep the sun off the boat while being stored.
- Evercore's Kim on rise in second home purchases: Folks of means are coming back for seconds
- Beware the Covid cliff: Here are the CARES Act benefits coming to an end this year
- These 'home work' stocks still have more room to run even with a vaccine, Bank of America says
- Mortgage refinancing is hot, but using your home as an ATM is not
- Mortgage demand from homebuyers spikes 28%, and the average loan amount sets a record high