These properties are located on canals, basins or lakes but do not have access to the river and the Gulf of Mexico. The freshwater canals are separated form the saltwater canals by a “Weir”. A weir resembles a low concrete dam or spillway. An example of a weir is shown here. As water flows into the freshwater canals from rain, the overflow will spill over into the saltwater canals. You can not take a boat over the weirs.
- Homebuilder Taylor Morrison reports record June sales
- Here are the housing markets that have been hit the hardest by the pandemic
- Homebuyers rush back into the market as mortgage rates hit new low
- Homebuyer mortgage demand spikes 33% as rates set another record low
- Real estate CEO expects 'exodus' of central business districts to last the next two years