These properties are located on canals, basins or lakes but do not have access to the river and the Gulf of Mexico. The freshwater canals are separated form the saltwater canals by a “Weir”. A weir resembles a low concrete dam or spillway. An example of a weir is shown here. As water flows into the freshwater canals from rain, the overflow will spill over into the saltwater canals. You can not take a boat over the weirs.
- Lee County Water Initiative
- 16 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Lender
- 8 Dos and Don’ts of Owning a Vacation Rental
- For Sale by Owner (FSBO) Free eBook
- Your Questions Answered: Our Best Tips For a Successful Home Offer
- Your Questions Answered: Our Best Tips for Working With Agents and Lenders
- A Kitchen Remodel Worksheet to Help You Cut Costs
- Documents You Need for Mortgage Pre-Approval: A Checklist for Each Type of Loan
- 8 Eye-Opening Things Home Inspectors Can’t Tell You
- Are Closing Costs Tax Deductible?